I made the mistake last night of printing off a "spring cleaning" list last night for several rooms in my house. I started this morning with the kitchen. I haven't done it all yet, but I did spot clean the switchplates and cleaned the knobs and doors on my cabinets. I just did this last year right after we moved in July, and they were already dirty again! Here's a tip for those of you with wood cabinets: Liquid Gold and Old English scratch cover work wonders!
I hosted my book club last night. It was fun. We reviewed "Shiloh Autumn" by Brodie and Brock Thoene (pronounced "Taney"). Every time I try to underline a title, it underlines the whole blog - how annoying. It's a good book.
In our Bible study on Monday nights, we're doing one of those books by Bill E. Smith, who has a whole series of Bible workbooks. The one we're doing is called God's Woman. I'm enjoying it mostly because I'm getting to know the other women at church better. Most women at church come, and we're all ages. The book has some good points, and I don't disagree with the principles, but he certainly pulls verses from funny places in my opinion. One for this week was, "What is a good admonition for homemakers?" The verse he referred to was 1 Corinthians 14:40. If you look at that verse, it's looking at how we should worship God, and the context has nothing to do with how we keep our homes. I think God wants our homes to be orderly, so I'm trying to decide if that bothers me because of the context issue, or because my house is not always very orderly. I tend to be lazy sometimes. Another thing he looks at is, of course, Proverbs 31. Those verses make me think of my friend Heather, who lives in LR. It doesn't make me think of ME! Maybe God is trying to tell me something with that. I don't get a lot done some days, though that hasn't been the case in a couple of weeks. Emily's birthday, company, working on my garden, hosting book club last night, etc., has kept me busy. I do need to work on keeping at least the living area, kitchen, and dining area livable. It's a little hard when your kids like to build "forts" with all your pillows and sofa cushions! :-)
I tried to post a picture of my clean and shiny cabinets, but it wouldn't do it for some reason. Next time I'll try to post a picture of my square foot garden. Emily's helping me plant it this week (hopefully tomorrow).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I really do not like Spring Cleaning! But, like you, this year most got done do to the progressive dinner being at our house! It really was a good thing.
Post a Comment