Hello All! Here are some pictures of my new garden project. It's not much to look at right now, but I have high hopes. I finished putting on the grids yesterday and got my lettuce, spinach, mesclun, swiss chard, parsley, and cilantro planted. I haven't finished the trellis yet, but I won't plant that stuff until later anyway. I'm excited about having a garden this year. I'm using the book, Square Foot Gardening, by Mel Bartholomew. I wasn't able to find 5 different kinds of compost like he recommends, but I found 3. Emily and Ethan have their own squares, where they planted some Johnny Jump-ups. I love voilas! I was going to let them plant some radishes, too, but Wal-Mart here didn't have them. Our yard has been so soggy the past week. John figured out yesterday that the neighbors were draining their pool. He went to talk with them, so maybe it will dry up soon. We have little crawdad houses all over back there.
Not much else is going on here. I have some cleaning to do. Mom is bringing Grandmother and hopefully my aunt tomorrow to eat lunch with Ethan and me. Emily is playing outside with some neighbor kids, whose mom made us some yummy homemade cinnamon rolls last week. There was a health fair at the civic center yesterday. I got my cholesterol checked. I was going to give blood, too, but the line was too long.
I actually got out and rode 10 on my bike yesterday. It felt good to get on it again. I don't think I have ridden at all since last May or June, even though I started out strong last spring. The only thing I don't like about starting out is getting my elbows and seat toughened up. If I'm regular about riding that only lasts about 1 or 2 weeks, though. Searcy has hills, but I usually didn't go that way. I usually rode out to West Point and sometimes past it where it's flat. Here, you can't avoid hills. They're everywhere. I was able to ride up the ones I came across yesterday, so they weren't too bad. I only had to get down in my "granny gear" once.
Lara's out of town, so she has an excuse, but what's up with your blogs?!? Not everyone is updating very often! I enjoy reading them so much and keeping up with what's going on, so if you're reading this, get busy Searcy people (Donna, Desiree)! :)
6 comments:
What a cool little garden! I might have to look into that. Thanks for the idea and where you got it from. Happy riding!
Katie reminded me tonight that last week was everyone's spring break, so you all might not have been home. I forgot about that - thanks for the update, Desiree. :) Emily's spring break is next week. We don't have anything big planned, but we might go see Mom or something.
That garden is so cute. I have ask to put one in before but never had any luck, maybe this will work for me. Have a great spring break.
I guess I should have said it looks like its gonna be a cute garden. When the page came up I realized I said your dirt was cute. You know what I mean, love the idea.
Hey, that dirt was the most work I did! I think it's lovely dirt. :) Thanks to Katie for helping me mix it.
i'll have to post some pictures of the sprouts I found today.
Okay...I have some catching up to do on your blog! I am so random at reading them. Tonight I have promised myself I am going to bed but I had to check yours. Looks like ya'll are as busy and productive as ever. I can't believe I have missed you each time you have been to Searcy! We really need to work on this! Have a great day!
Post a Comment