Thursday, March 22, 2007




I have some sprouts! The first picture is spinach, and the other one is lettuce. The kids' flowers aren't up yet, but they probably will be soon. It's a slow process, but it's fun to watch all that come up.
John left Sunday for New Orleans, and got home last night. I was dreading it a little, just having the kids to myself for that long, but I really didn't mind so much. We had fun. I was disappointed not to get my walk in Tuesday, though. Ethan woke up with pink eye, so I had to keep him home from preschool AND hold him down to put drops in his eyes, no small feat. Here's a tip for those of you who might have to do that at some point: wrapping the child in a towel makes it a little easier. At least it kept his arms and hands out of the way. His antibiotic for the ear infection ran out early, and I think he'll need some more. His nose is starting to crust up again. At least Emily's well right now!
I found in my online reading of different blogs a link to Richland Hills church of Christ's website, where you can download lessons. I actually ended up getting it through iTunes, but I got the 3 lessons Rick Atchley did on the "Both And church." For those of you who may not be aware, this church is starting a Saturday night service that offers instrumental music. I'm not sure if they have started it or not, but it's supposed to start sometime this spring. Anyway, I was curious about how they decided this would be acceptable worship, and thought I should listen to what they had to say before I made any judgement. My thought when I first heard about it was, "How in the world can they have a service on Saturday night?" I had an issue with that more than the instrumental part. I have listened to all the lessons once, and am working on going through them again, this time without cleaning as I'm listening and with a Bible open in front of me. I've listened to the first one again so far. I'll have to say, he made some valid points. I personally prefer acapella music myself, but I've always wondered about the argument we make for that only and thought it was weak. We have gone to a Christian church, where John's grandparents are members, and it was weird singing with a piano, but I didn't feel like it had anything to do with how I was worshipping in my heart. Only time will tell how this plays out among the rest of the church. I just hope that people can be Christian about it, discuss it in love, and if they need to, agree to disagree without being bitter. Any thoughts from you? Let me know. I'm still digesting this in my head, so if you have already done so, I'd be interested.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Glad to see some sprouts! It will even more fun eating your "reward" from planting!

Anonymous said...

How exciting to watch your things grow and to be able to teach your kids at the same time that God makes them grow. I may try to listen to those lessons as well. If I can figure out how to do that! :)