It's late, and I'm tired, so this will be short. These are some pictures from Emily's birthday party Saturday. She had a tea party birthday with a teapot cake. I got the idea for the cake from brighideas.com and changed the colors. All the girls are in her class at school except for Melissa, who came from Searcy. All the grandparents were here, plus Aunt Katie. My in-laws are here until Wednesday. They are driving back home to Michigan through Kentucky, where my father-in-law will do a presentation on the work in India. He did one here at church Sunday night. He had done one back in October, but our preacher wasn't feeling well. He had just gone to India last month, so he put in a bunch of new pictures. Those of you who go to College church might be interested to know that he, with the help of Chris Adams and Don Eads, is trying to schedule a time to come do the same at College.
You might notice in the top picture the beautiful green color on the walls. We prepped and painted a living room wall, foyer, and hallway the same (lighter) color last week. I did that in addition to cleaning, getting ready for company, and doing Emily's cake. I was exhausted by Friday! :)
I enjoy reading your blogs, those of you who do them. Keep up the good work! Uh, Katie, your last post was Feb. 4!
Laura
3 comments:
That cake is BEAUTIFUL!!! I can't believe you did that. Glad Emily had a good party.
Out of all Emily's cakes I've done over the years, this is the one that I stressed the least over and spent the least amount of time decorating (the exception to this was her first birthday). Part of it was that I bought the frosting and didn't make it, although I had planned to! :)
That cake is beautiful!!! Can you believe 6 already? For some reason it was harder than 1 for me.
Post a Comment