This was taken at Papa Poblano's in El Dorado on John's birthday.
Emily has had fever and runny nose since Saturday night, so she's been home from school all week. She seems to feel okay, but that fever is just hanging on and hanging on. . . I'm ready for her to get well (and go back to school)! :)
The rest of us are fine, luckily.
We explored a new town in Arkansas last Saturday - Leola, population 515. We ate supper at Dorey's after feeding and petting the animals in the petting zoo. Dorey's is a big buffet, and they raise their own catfish in some lakes next to the restaurant. The food was really good, I'll have to say. Besides catfish, they had shrimp (boiled and fried), ribs, several kinds of chicken, all kinds of veggies, salads, and homemade desserts - yum! I definitely went overboard as far as my diet is concerned, but I didn't just stuff myself, either. They have the best mac and cheese I've eaten in a really long time.
Book club was Tuesday night. We reviewed My Sister's Keeper, by Jodi Picoult. It was a good book. I was still thinking about it for a week after I finished it. I tried to underline that title, but it's not working. I would like to read another of her books sometime. Read it with a box of tissue, especially toward the end.
We're going to Searcy Saturday for the basketball game. Todd, Angie, and their kids are coming, too. They're coming back after the game since Todd has to preach. If it wasn't going to be so late, I'd just as soon come home, too. Of course, we wouldn't get to visit with Katie much if we did that. I wouldn't be able to stay awake to help John stay awake, either! We'll stay with Katie and then come home after church on Sunday.
I don't have a new good picture of Ethan. I'll work on that for next time.
Has anybody ever ordered cheese online? Our grocery store here cannot order asiago cheese (I haven't checked with the other one, but I don't have high hopes). I'm sure there are proably stores somewhere that have it, but it would be easier to just order it.
1 comment:
Hey! I had to catch up on your blog. I have been so weird lately about blog stuff. Some days I read all I can find that I know and some days I poke around and read a few and quit in the middle of a few. Way to go on your eating plan. I started WW and am in my 5th week. So far, I have lost 8 1/2 pounds. Satan keeps telling me this is not enough quick enough! I am trying not to listen to him. I do enjoy being able to eat what I want just not the whole box, bag, recipe, etc. I have found myself in the last 2 weeks creeping back to my old habits. So, hopefully, I will recognize this when it happens and stop. I haven't really been exercising, which I know would help. I am going to. I have not ordered cheese online. I have been thinking alot lately about ordering different foods online though. For instance, WASA crackers. I can't find them here. I haven't looked at Food King yet though. I know I bought them at Wal-mart a year or so ago. The guy at Kroger said that they didn't sell very well so they stopped buying them. Hmmm. Anyway, I better get to bed. I hope you have a great day and that Emily's fever goes away soon!
How is your scripture memorizing? :)
Post a Comment