Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Not much going on


Here's a picture of Emily. She lost her second tooth Sunday night. After reading posts from other people, my goings-on seem a bit trivial. Good news: my mom, grandmother, and aunt are coming for a visit tomorrow. I'll take them to the bakery for lunch. Also, we're going to Katie's this weekend to visit and go to the ball game. We went to the one in Arkadelphia last weekend (lost by 1 :-( ), and we're looking forward to seeing them play again (go Matt!).
Our women's Bible class is starting tonight. I'm excited about that. Not everyone I go to church with grew up in the church or knows a lot about the Bible. It'll be interesting.
The diet/exercise plan is going well. I'm not as hungry now all the time like I was. I guess my stomach has shrunk some. We went to Warren last night for Mexican, and I didn't go overboard! Yeah! I also didn't have any tummy trouble afterward like I sometimes do. I weighed in on Saturday, and have lost 4 pounds. I can't believe it. That seems like a lot for one week, but it's probably mostly hormonal/water weight. It has encouraged me to keep it up, though. I talked to Staci yesterday, and she has started running (you go!). I did my walking today. I'd like to lose just a little bit more and be in better shape before I start running again. I do love running, though.
Like always, I'm sitting here writing when I should be cleaning, especially since company's coming tomorrow. If anybody's actually reading this, keep up your blogs. It's fun to keep up with you!

3 comments:

Desiree said...

I agree, I love reading all the blogs. I told Katie it was time for an update. Hopefully we will see you Sat at the game. I can't believe how much Emily has changed!!

Rachel said...

We should see you at church on Sunday. We still don't have power! Maybe soon, hopefully...

Lara said...

OH my goodness. Emily is like 13 years old!! How on earth did that happen? Just kidding, but she sure has grown up a ton since I saw her last. Please come back for a supper club one month! We miss you. Glad to hear about your success watching the ol' weight. I've been trying myself. Started Weight Watchers on the 8th. I think the scales are wrong, but they say I'm losing, so I keep my mouth shut. Weigh-in's on Wednesday nights, so I drink the big Route 44 iced tea (unsweet of course) to drain the body of fluids. Then afterwards we dash to Subway. Ha!