Since my last blog, we've had another birthday party, acquired a new car, sold the old car, been on Spring Break, and had company.
After having it repaired and tuned up, we sold our old 1999 Volvo on eBay to a couple from Kentucky. Part of me hated to see it go.
On Spring Break, the kids and I drove down to Mom's on Wednesday. I did a marathon shopping trip on Thursday, since both kids needed Easter shoes, and I needed at least one dress. Luckily I found most of what we needed on sale at Kohl's, although I probably will not shop for myself with both kids again. Imagine me in a dressing room with both kids, who were fighting over who would sit on the little seat, crawling in and out under the door, etc. Ethan had a meltdown in CiCi's Pizza because his mean mother wouldn't let him get his own paper towel in the bathroom (people were waiting). I was able to get two dresses, a skirt, and Emily's shoes in one place, though, so it was worth it, I guess. Friday, Mom rode to Searcy with us and we helped Katie get supper for us and some of Calvin's family. We met his brother-in-law, who has "Rocky Top" as his cell phone ringtone - go Vols! We also met his nephew, who starred in Spring Sing at Harding with TNT's group. Sunday was Easter, and we went to class and late service at College with Katie and then came home after lunch. I have no pictures of our spring break, because I didn't take my camera, and Katie hasn't emailed my pictures yet. Check her blog soon, since she'll probably post some of them at some point. How's that for pressure, Katie? heh heh heh
My sister-in-law and her kids are on spring break this week and just left our house to go home. The weather could've been better Saturday and Sunday, but we had a good time anyway. My niece and nephew are getting so big. They also require more food than I'm used to, but that's kinda nice. It means fewer leftovers. My niece is 12 and is 1 inch shorter than I am. Like PM says, "Sigh." Here are Ethan, Lee, Melody, and Emily dipping pretzel sticks and peanut butter crackers in chocolate.
It was fun having Uncle Lee, Aunt Monica, Melody, and Lee here.
Ethan's birthday is a week from tomorrow on April 9, but we had his party on Monday at Chuck E. Cheese in Jonesboro since his cousins were here. We went at lunch, and there was hardly anyone else there - nice. Here's my sweet baby, who actually ate his frosting AND cake this year! Cousin Lee and Aunt Monica are also in the first one.
To close here's a picture of Emily asleep with her book on her face. She likes to read almost as much as her mother does! Right now she's really into Junie B. Jones, First Grader and the Boxcar Children. Also in the picture is Bunny, which she's had since she was born. John found her like that after we grown-ups finished a movie one night.
For those of you who are my "Friends" on Facebook, I'm loading some more pictures today.
1 comment:
Sounds like you have been busy but having loads of fun! I can't believe Ethan is 4! How time flies!! I find Madison looking like that a lot of nights after she goes to sleep. I have just about the same picture. To cute!!
Post a Comment