Friday, October 12, 2007

Tagged Again!

Okay, this one from Amy B. is just to list 8 random facts about myself. At least, I assume the Laura she said was me.
Katie, I'm tagging you with this one - also Donna, Desiree, and Amy S. I know that's not eight people. So sue me.

Here are the rules. 1)Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves. (2) People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules. (3) At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. (4) Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

1. Jane Eyre is my favorite (fiction) book. The one I'm reading now (A Tree Grows in Brooklyn) is really good, though.

2. I was born in Tennessee. Nah nah nah nah nah to native Texans (I spent my growing up years 16 miles away from Texas). Don't get me wrong, I do like Texas - just not that "I'mbetterthanyou'causeI'mfromTexas" attitude.

3. I am not one of those born organized people, but I have come a L-O-N-G way since I was a teenager. Just ask Mom! I recently discovered flylady.net, and that's been such a big help!

4. I am left-handed (eating and writing), but do a lot of things right-handed (using scissors and sports things like throwing a ball). To my disappointment, I'm not a synesthete. See Patrick Mead's blog to the right.

5. When I was young, up until college or so, I could bend my first finger all the way back and touch the back of my hand. That used to gross John out! :-)

6. I really like history. I love going to museums and reading about all the artifacts. I love visiting places with histories, like Rome, battlefields, monuments, homes, etc. I even like historical fiction, mostly about early European history. I can't wait to see the new Elizabeth movie, even though I've read it's not as good as the first one (with Cate Blanchett). I have that one right now from Netflix. My dream trip would be to go to the Bible Lands with someone like Neal Pryor as a tour guide or else spend about a month in the Vatican Museum.

7. My dream is to someday own an RV and take my kids lots of places, preferably places with great views and museums.

8. Most people think of these really neat and different things about themselves, but I am just drawing a blank for this one, not that any of the rest of them are neat and/or interesting. Maybe it's because it's so late. Here's something not very interesting: I am one of those people who do really well when I work on one thing at a time. I don't multi-task easily. That's why I enjoyed my programming job. I could sit and focus on that one thing, but take a break if I needed it. I also work better if I have a list. I NEVER go shopping without a list. I don't see how people can just go to the store and just buy stuff here and there!

8B. After reading another person's 8 random facts, I decided to add a bonus fact about me: I will admit that when walking or riding a bike past cows, I will either say hi to them or wave. It just seems like the thing to do!

1 comment:

corncobb said...

I will volunteer to go camping with you, if you ever need a hand!