This will be a short post, but my goal is to update at least once a week, so here goes.
We met Mom and Katie at Petit Jean last weekend. All the cabins at the park and Tanyard Springs were full, so we stayed in a little house out at the Rockefeller Institute. It was not new, but clean and nice, especially for the price. It had 3 bedrooms and 2 baths, with a kitchen, living/dining area, and even a laundry room. We ate supper at the lodge Friday night. Saturday Mom, Ethan, and I walked the Cedar Creek trail, and John and Emily did the Cedar Falls trail. Mom didn't think she was quite up to doing that one. I still ended up carrying Ethan part of the way, but it was fun. Katie stayed behind in bed because she wasn't feeling well. Luckily she felt better that afternoon and went to the pool with us. The pool is huge, but looked smaller than I remember it being when I was a kid. And they had taken out the high diving board. We were getting ready to leave when the lifeguards made everyone get out of the pool because of lightning. We drove to Morrilton to eat supper, then came back, put the kids to bed, and watched most of the movie Hitch on TV.
We went to church up on the mountain Sunday morning. It was even smaller than ours at home - 15 or 16 people were there. Emily went home with Mom, and we drove to Little Rock to eat lunch. It was a quiet week without Emily at home. I missed her, but not the fighting she and Ethan usually engage in frequently! Since she was gone, it seemed a good time to work on Ethan's potty training. I decided not to get stressed out about it. He's in pull-ups and doing pretty well with number 1. We talked to Emily every day, but Mom called Tuesday night and said she was missing her mommy and daddy. I drove to Mom's Wednesday, and we had lunch together (yummy!) before the kids and I came home.
My garden's doing well. I have cucumbers coming along and some squash (finally!). There are about 5 or more little cantaloupes growing. I stopped at the Old Columbus Herb Farm (oldcolumbus.com) to buy some mint. It's a neat little place. They also have homemade soap, but the supply is low right now. He gave me 2 bars as samples (free!). He did tell me that mint is invasive, so I'll put it in pots instead of my garden.
I hate to write and run, but I have a lot to do today.
One question: how do you get a 3-year-old boy to look at the CAMERA?!?
Those green things are cantaloupe!
2 comments:
I bet that was really neat--church on the mountain top!!! Your garden looks great too! I bet you can't wait to bite into those yummy cantaloupes! Glad you had a good week.
Hi!
I had a minute, so thought I'd drop by and visit with you since you are so kind to visit with me over at Finding Direction all the time lately.
I love the pictures and the garden looks great! Tom loves cantaloupe. I do, too, but can't eat much at all since I'm diabetic and it's so sweet. Same thing with watermelon, which I love.
See you around!
Much love - Dee
Post a Comment