The summer seems to be passing quickly for me. I met Mom and her friend Patti in Hope last Friday to drop off the kids on my way to Hot Springs. I had a wonderful weekend with my mommy-friends from Searcy. It was very relaxing, but I'm SO not a night person. Staying up until 3 both nights was a hard thing to do. There were 16 of us who stayed in 2 condos, and I got to sleep in the living room on a cot. I guess it was my turn, though - I slept in a bed the last two years. I left Sunday afternoon and met Mom at church in Ashdown. I slept with Ethan (3-year-old son) Sunday night. Needless to say, I was ready to get back in my own bed Monday night!! I did NOT get up to walk Tuesday morning, either. Christal had called and said she wasn't going, luckily. I feel more back on track today. We walked this morning, and I finally feel recovered.
Ethan is wearing big-boy underpants as of yesterday, though he still wears pull-ups for sleeping and going out (to church, store, etc.). He's done pretty well, but hasn't done number 2 in the potty yet. I hope that comes soon. My friend, Staci, has a son just a little older than Ethan, and I asked her about Kyle's training. She said she just took a few days and worked with no pull-ups - just real undies - and said it went more quickly that way. I knew I would have to do that, but just didn't want to! It has been nice to take the changing pad off the dryer and use it (the dryer) for folding clothes again.
John had the weekend to himself. He wanted to go to Little Rock and ride the Wye Mountain loop, but couldn't find anyone to do it with him. He hung out in Little Rock and went to a movie.
July 4th was fun. John had tickets for the Travelers game, so we went to that and stayed for the fireworks show after.
We're going to Missouri this weekend to see John's grandparents. My mother-in-law is staying with them this week. The only bad thing about that is we'll miss seeing my father-in-law and Bonthu in Searcy. They are doing a presentation on the work in India at College Church on Sunday. I hate to miss seeing Bonthu. I first met him in Michigan when John and I were engaged. Those of you who live in Searcy should try to see them. That's a work that's close to our hearts, and those of my in-laws.
Speaking of in-laws, I'm blessed with some that are wonderful. They are different than my parents, of course, but I quickly grew to appreciate and love them when we married, especially hearing some stories about other in-laws from friends. I really couldn't ask for better - besides being family, they are also friends. I call my mother-in-law almost as much as I call my mom. I even have a great sister-in-law. We love being with her and her family. I wish we didn't live so far apart. That's the only negative.
Here's a picture of John with Emily (he's very proud of that sweatshirt, by the way) and Brenda with Emily "painting" Christmas cookies.
On a final note, John wants me to play in a couples scramble with him in a couple of weeks at the Fordyce Country Club. It's not quite on the same level as Chenal in Little Rock. ha ha I haven't even picked up a golf club in at least seven years (when I was pregnant with Emily). Even then, I wasn't any good. I hope I have time to go out and hit some balls before, not that it will make any difference!
2 comments:
My mother kept my nephew one summer day and only put big boys on him. She reminded him that he didn't have on pull ups. She said that he went out to play and after a while came back in and said, "Nana, I need new big boys, new pants and new socks!" He was trained from that day. I think it was the wet socks that got him! :)
That's funny. ;-) We're still waiting on number 2 to go in the potty, but he had no wet pants today!!!!
Post a Comment