Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Mother's Day II

I wanted to tell you what we did for Mother's Day (the actual day). We went to early service so that the kids could go to children's worship (Ethan's finally old enough!!!!). After church Katie fixed an excellent brunch - thanks, Katie! Ethan took his nap, and some of the rest of us did, too! We started back home around 3, I think. We stopped at the mall in Little Rock for John to pick up his pants, but we didn't stay. I didn't want to waste such a pretty day inside. We ate an early supper at IHOP. I picked that because I like it and thought it would be a good choice for the kids. After that we went out to Pinnacle Mountain. The kids played on the playground for a while, and then John suggested we do the climb. Neither one of us had planned on going all the way to the top, but that's what we did. We didn't help Emily at all, but we dragged Ethan up and carried him about half the way down, taking turns. Here is a picture of me with the kids at the top.

It was a little warm, so that's why we have such glowing complexions. :-) I like this picture of John and Ethan. I took it when they were starting down.

I consider myself in decent shape, but my legs are not used to all that climbing! They were shaking like Jell-o by the time we got back down. We all got Powerades from the vending machine. John and I sat down for a while on the nearest bench. The kids went back to the playground to play. Here is a picture of the family right before we got in the car to go home. I think we look very tired, but we are much tireder than we look!

The kids were sound asleep before we got out of Little Rock! I liked the way we spent this day. I really enjoyed it.
Emily's kindergarten "graduation" was last night. They were all so cute and just looked like babies to me. Here is a picture of her with her teacher, Mrs. Teresa. I can't believe Emily's 6 already. She is such a joy (except when arguing with her brother) and so funny. I never know what she's going to say, and she says a lot, usually loudly. Right now she's really into counting money and collecting bugs. Also, she and her dad keep trying to catch this lizard that lives somewhere in our flower beds. She likes to paint pictures, either on the easel or on the computer. Everyone keeps saying she looks so much like me, but I think she looks more like John the older she gets. I'm proud of her!

Note: I couldn't get the preview to work, so I hope the pictures are in the right order and look okay!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you have had a wonderful time with your family lately! Happy Summer!

corncobb said...

I see you AND John in Emily!! She's a cutie alright, along with her brother. Willie said, on Facebook, that it would be a cute kid fest tonight and I agree!

Lara said...

That sounds like a fun day. You look great, by the way. Way to go with your weight loss. And is that a bulging bicep I see? Wow! I'm impressed.