Thursday, April 12, 2007

a Thursday

Have I mentioned that one thing we do have here is a wonderful bakery? It's really too wonderful. Every time I go there (at least once a week), this sign taped to the register shouts out at me, "Biscuit with sausage gravy $1.50." I finally broke down this morning - after my 4 mile walk, I might add. It was heavenly. I haven't even gone over my calorie quota TOO much.
Last fall I put one of the kids' pumpkins from the pumpkin patch in my flower pot on the driveway (probably to just get it out of the way, but I don't remember). It rotted, of course. I noticed yesterday that I now have pumpkin plants coming up among the flowers, so I'm going to transplant them to the back yard and build a little trellis for them. I also found a nest in one of my bushes that has 4 eggs in it, blue with brown speckles. I've seen the birds, but don't know what they are yet.
We didn't have church last night. Too many people were either sick or out of town. John went to Little Rock for an all day meeting yesterday. He went to Sam's to look for his Nesquik. They have changed the formula to have less sugar, and of course, "it's just not the same!" So if you know of where there's a stash of the regular stuff, please let me know. John would be grateful. :-)

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Glad you enjoyed your biscuit with gravy! Sometimes you need to allow yourself things like that so you can be stronger the rest of the time.

The pumpkins sounds fun! Jeremy and I were talking the other day about starting to grow some pumpkins. We may have to start that.

Lara said...

I've "outed" our Bible study on my blog. Now we need to follow through. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my place. I feel like I have a new friend!

My daddy's dog planted a tomato plant one summer... I don't think it was on purpose and I refused to eat tomatoes at their house for the rest of the year!

corncobb said...

Okay sister - time for an update!!!! Are you EVER going to write?!?!?! Come on now. It's been a good 2 weeks since you've updated.
:-)
Katie