I've been going to a gym in the mornings, but I recently started biking again. I was invited on a group ride by the pharmacist when picking up some medicine for Emily a few weeks ago. He said it was 23 miles, which sounded like a long way for someone who hasn't been on her bike in at least a year. I was thinking about how sore my seat would be, too. Then he said, "Oh, we stop at a diner at the halfway point and eat." I told him, "I'm in!" That's my kind of ride. I've gone riding once or twice a week since then, mostly with Cathy (pharmacist's wife). Usually we park outside of town, ride to O'Kean (pronounced like O'Kane) and eat, and then come back. Today Cathy and I parked at Delaplaine, rode past Beech Grove and did some rolling hills, and then rode back to Delaplaine and ate lunch at the Hunt & Harvest. I had a hot turkey sandwich and some coffee (yummy!). I missed my eggs with biscuit and gravy that I normally have at O'Kean, even though the sandwich had fewer calories! We went 25 miles, averaging 15.5 mph. Not bad for a beginner, huh? It helps when your partner is in better shape and lets you draft in the more windy parts.
I bought some new running shoes last weekend, since I've been trying to get back into running. Right now, it's slow jogging!
No comments:
Post a Comment