Sunday, June 1, 2008

Gardening God's Way

I stole this from another person's blog. She got it from a church bulletin, and it was not credited to anyone. Let me know if you have the author's name, please! On a side note, my garden is not planted YET. I hope I still have time to plant a few things. At least now I know where it will go.

Gardening God's Way

Plant three rows of peas:
Peace of mind. Peace of Heart. Peace of Soul.

Plant four rows of squash:
Squash gossip. Squash indifference.
Squash grumbling. Squash selfishness.

Plant four rows of lettuce:
Lettuce be faithful. Lettuce be kind.
Lettuce be obedient. Lettuce really love one another.

No gardening without turnips:
Turnip for meetings. Turnip for service.
Turnip to help one another.

To conclude our garden, we must have
Thyme:
Thyme for God. Thyme for study.
Thyme for prayer.

Water freely with patience and
Cultivate with love.
There is much fruit in your garden
Because you reap what you sow.

1 comment:

corncobb said...

hey - how's your real garden coming?

I guess Emily's glad to be out of school - wish I was!!!!

Love ya,
Katie