This has been a pretty busy summer so far. We took a weekend trip to Branson a couple of weeks ago, since John can't really leave for vacation right now. It was nice to get out of town. We took our first trip to Silver Dollar City, which we enjoyed. We just got season passes, since we'll go at least one more time this year. I did learn something that day: If you are going to ride a water ride, make it the last ride of the day and wear dark-colored shorts. That way people won't be able to tell that you're wearing blue underwear. Emily could ride most of the rides. She rode the barn swing with me. She was a little nervous while we were waiting in line. When the ride was over, the people next to her asked her how she liked it. She told them that she didn't. Then she turned to me and asked, "Could we ride it again?" John rode it with her the next time, and it was interesting to watch her face every time she swung by. She looked more and more like she would throw up, but didn't, luckily. She's like me and loves the roller coasters.
A lady at church had a birthday recently and invited us to her house for a cookout. She and her husband raise alpacas, and the kids got to feed them. They have very soft fur (?), and we were told that they have individual faces, like humans-no two are exactly alike. I thought the brown one was really pretty. They have some Anatolian Shepherd dogs, too-they're huge!
After suffering through t-ball last year, I found an activity for this year that Emily actually likes-swimming. I signed her up for the swim team. She has been going to practice every weekday, and swam in her first meet last Saturday. I worked the computer and entered all the times for all the events. It was a long day, but I had fun. Emily got a third place ribbon for one of the relays. One of her friends down the street is also participating, so her mom and I take turns driving, which makes it nice. We're hosting another meet this Saturday, but only for 3 teams instead of 5.
Here is Emily (on the right) with her friend, Sydney. I was going to post some Father's Day pictures, but that will have to wait. I need to go fix supper!
1 comment:
I can't believe you have never been to SDC!! It is a wonderful family place! Glad you enjoyed it!
Way to go Emily! Keep up the fast swimming!
Post a Comment