Saturday, December 1, 2007

Good news and Bad news

John informed the board Monday that he has accepted a job in Pocahontas, AR and will be starting work up there the first part of January. That's good news and bad news. It's good news because he'll be working with a bigger hospital, it'll be a bigger town, and we'll have a bigger church family. It's bad news because of all the people we're going to miss when we move. We've only lived here 16 months, but it has really become home to me. I really do hate to leave. I figure many of my friends reading this who live elsewhere think I'm crazy for saying that, but it's true. No place is perfect, and this place has its disadvantages, sure. There are so many small towns that are so closed to anyone moving there. Oh, they'll be nice to you, but you'll always be considered an outsider, even if you live there for many years. This place has never felt that way to me. We've made some good friends. I especially hate to leave our little church. It is so small, and we feel very needed here. It'll be nice to have more kids around for Bible class and more people our age to be friends with when we move, but our congregation here has been a big blessing to us. I will miss them all. I think I feel so at home because it's so similar to where I grew up.
We left Thursday afternoon and went to Searcy so John could teach his class. We spent two nights with Katie. Friday, we left Ethan with my sweet friend, Staci, and drove up to Pocahontas to look at some houses. Debbie had 5 or 6. We ended up making an offer on one. We'll see how the negotiations go. They've countered already. I'm more worried about our house selling here, though. The market is always slow here! More updates later. I'm tired and ready to go to bed!

1 comment:

Lara said...

I'm sorry you're having to move again after making what sounds to be good and fast roots there in Fordyce. But I know God has a plan for you guys and you will be a blessing to the folks in Pocohontas! They will love you as much as we all do. God bless you guys in this new transition.