Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I did it!

Okay, okay. I finally created a blog. I don't feel like I have very much to say (that's interesting, anyway), but here goes. We moved here from Searcy a few months ago. We being my husband, John, the new hospital admin, me, my 5-year-old daughter, Emily, and 2-year-old son, Ethan. It's not been that bad, really, but we miss Searcy, my sister, our friends, and church. Emily is in kindergarten and enjoying it (plus, she's the ONLY Emily). I regret that she is not at Harding Academy, but our experience here has been good so far. She has a wonderful teacher. Ethan is in preschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8 until noon. He cried the first few times, but doesn't now. I thought it would be good for him to play with some other kids besides Emily. He's really crazy about his teacher. He even talks about her when we're driving by and not going to preschool! John is really enjoying his new job. He's in Little Rock today. All the administrators from critical access hospitals in Arkansas are there for a meeting. The people he works with seem to like him, and I think he does a great job. I am a stay-at-home mom, which I love. Emily stayed home from school yesterday because of a cold, and we made gingerbread together, and mixed other cookie dough. I had some other things I needed to get done, but we had fun doing it!
Well, that reminds me - I need to go iron at least some of John's shirts. We didn't have very good luck with the ONE cleaners here!
I hope all my friends keep in touch! We would like to move back someday, even though we actually do like it here.
Laura
P. S. Thanks to Lara, Donna, Flee, and Desiree, whose blogs I try to read on a regular basis. Oh, also Rachel and Amy.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Hey Laura!!! I am so glad you are blogging! It is so nice to be able to keep up with lives of friends and family this way. Girl, I know how it is to move. It has been hard for us but also good. We miss Searcy and our friends there SO MUCH!!! Springfield is a nice place though and we have a great group of kids in the youth group. It is just different. Not bad, just different. I look forward to hearing more from you.

Anonymous said...

Laura, sorry I missed you at the game! Isaac was needing mommy and quiet time and I forgot curfew was at 10:00. I am excited to read what you all are up to! You are so precious. We miss you too but are thankful for your blessings!